- To start you need to have all documents to prove that the motorcycle you want to transport from UK to USA is you property.
- Decide what type of service you require: door to door motorbike shipping, port to port or door to port?
- Decide if you want to ship your scooter, cruiser or Harley by sea or by air?
- Contact us using our online form, by email or call us (see the number at the top of the this page) with the following information:
- Collection Address and the delivery Address (if you do not know the exact delivery in the USA at this stage please provide the nearest town or city).
- The make, model, age and the value of the motorbike(s)
- The date when we can collect the bike from you current address and the date when you want the bike to be delivered.
If you would like us to check if you will have to pay any tax on your motorbike(s) we need to know answers to the following questions:
- Have you owned the it for at least a year?
- What’s the purpose of the shipment? (for your own use, private for sale, business for trade)
- Are you relocating for good or temporarily (how long for)? Are you a tourist?
- Have you exported anything to America already? When and what it was? If yes, has the value of your staff exceeded USA$1000?
- Is your motorbike registered as an antique?
- Once we have received your quotation request we will calculate the total value of your motorbike with all possible transportation costs and customs clearance fees.
- If you are satisfied with our price and conditions for your and our safety and guarantee we can sign the contract that precisely describes all costs involved, the time scale, scope of work, type of shipment and the payment method and deadlines.
- shipping container or aircraft and shipped to the nearest port of the final destination. If desired, we can provide you with a photo report of loading a motorcycle into a container or aircraft.
- Depends on the value and the shape of motorcycles we can build a tailor made wooden frame for the better security or arrange shipping a motorcycle in a custom build wooden crate
- Depends on how you decided to ship your motorbike to United States (by air or sea) the bike will arrive to America within a week (air) or within 7 weeks (ocean). Your bike is transported to the customs office.
- After receiving information about the exact value of the motorcycle and the total tax to be paid, you pay it, and we take the bike away from customs.
- Next, you have the following options:
- We transport and deliver the motorbike to your new home in USA
- You collect the bike from us
- You get your bike and enjoy riding on it!
How long does it take to transport a motorbike to USA from UK?
You probably would like to know how long and how much it is to ship a motorcycle. The delivery time depends on the transportation method and on how fast you would like your motorbike to be delivered to USA. If you live in America already, you are staying there for good and are not in rush you should choose to ship your bike from UK by sea in a shared container. This is a cheap and most common way of sending a motorbike to USA but it can take up to 7 weeks before you get your bike, including door to door bike shipping to San Antonio, Los Angeles or other places.
Another method of sending a motorcycle to USA from UK is a RoRo option. Your bike travels on a vessel tied down on the deck. RoRo transport means Roll-on Roll-off so your motorbike would not be put in to a wooden box. It is literally strapped into special hooks. This transport mode is also quite cheap but you have to prepare all documents yourself. It takes about 5 weeks to have everything done and dusted - port to port.
If you have not time or you do not care about the money you can ship your motorbike using an aircraft agent. This service is all inclusive and the bike can be delivered to the US within 24 hours if everything goes according to plan.
Unfortunately there is not just one simple answer to the question how long to ship a motorcycle to USA. The time would depend on the transport mode, the sea line and agent you use and the weather. A strong wind can significantly slow down the vessel and cause a few days delay.
Shipping motorbike to USA
If you are not busy with your work and have some spare time to shop around you can try to find a company that specialise in motorcycle transport from UK to overseas. They will fulfil all your requirements including all the paper work preparation, which if you get wrong can delay the motorcycle delivery for even a couple of months. They will do everything to fit in your shipping costs budget. They will tell you things that others could not be even aware of. For example we advise all our clients to get insurance from a United States company which saves a lot of time, problems while you there. We can even do it for you. Good, reliable and cheap motorbike shipping companies can collect your bike from London, Bristol, Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Reading, Leeds and any other location in the UK, bring it back to one of their warehouses, design and build a wooden or metal crate for it. Custom made motorbike creates are something we can do too! We are also shipping a motorcycle to Canada, New Zealand, UAE, Qatar, South Africa and Australia.
All our motorcycle movers are global companies with headquarters in London, Liverpool, Glasgow and Kent. The can collect any type of bikes from any Address in Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland and all the United Kingdom. They are licensed international motorbike carriers offering the best deals on marine, rail, multi-modal delivery, and air and sea motorcycle shipping to the US. We provide transport to all major cities and seaports in the United States and Canada, Russia, CIS countries, Kazakhstan, the Baltic States and Europe. We will tell you how long and how much is to ship a motorcycle. We can crate and send your cruiser, roadster, scooter, underbone, moped, Harley, sport or touring taking the stress of your shoulders.
Types of motorbikes you may want to ship to USA from UK
|• Adventure - BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Triple Black, Yamaha Super Tenere Base|
|• Sportminicycle - BMW R 1200 GS Adventure, Yamaha XT 250|
|• Chopper - 2013 Honda Fury Base, Saxon Motorcycle Warlord Base|
|• Off-Road motorbikes - BETA Evo Factory, GAS GAS TXT PRO 125, Honda CRF 150R Expert, Husaberg TE 250, Husqvarna TXC 250R, Kawasaki KLX 140, KTM 690 Enduro R, Suzuki RM-Z 450, Yamaha TT-R 125LE,2012 Zero MX Dirt|
|• Sportster - Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom 110th Anniversary Edition|
|• Touring - Triumph Rocket III Touring ABS, Indian Chief Vintage LE, Ducati Diavel Strada|
|• Cruiser - Saxon Motorcycle Hotrod Sceptre Base, Moto Guzzi California 90, 2013 Hyosung ST7 Deluxe|
|• On-Off Road -Yamaha Super Tenere, BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Triple Black, Kawasaki KLX 250S|
|• Sport-Touring - Can-Am Spyder RT-Limited, Moto Guzzi Norge GT 8V, Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure|
|• Touring Cruiser - Victory Cross Country Corey Ness Tour, Harley-Davidson Electra Glide CVO Ultra Classic 110th Anniversary Edition, Harley-Davidson Electra Glide CVO Ultra Classic, Yamaha V Star 950 Tourer|
|• Custom Cruiser - Moto Guzzi V7 Racer|
|• Road - New road bikes, Kawasaki KLX 110L|
|• Standard - SYM SymWolf Classic 150, Royal Enfield Bullet C5 Military, MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR|
|• Touring Scooter -Piaggio BV 350, KYMCO Xciting 500 Ri ABS, Vectrix VX -1 Li+|
|• Dual Purpose - Husqvarna TR 650 Strada, Kawasaki KLX 250S, Ural Patrol-T 750|
|• Roadster - Can-Am Spyder Roadster RT Audio And Convenience|
|• Street Bike - 2012 Zero XU Urban Cross|
|• Track - 2013 BMW HP4 Base|
|• Enduro - BETA RR 300 2-Stroke, KTM 690 Enduro R, 2012 Husaberg TE 250|
|• Scooter - California Scooter Co. Classic Base, SYM Citycom 300i, Tomos Twister 50, Schwinn Laguna 50|
|• Superbike - Ducati Panigale 1199 S Tricolore|
|• Youth - Kawasaki KX 65, Honda CRF 80F|
|• Motocross - 2013 Yamaha YZ 250F, Honda CRF 150R Expert, Suzuki RM-Z 250|
|• Sport - MV Agusta F4 1000 RR, Hyosung GT 650R, Fischer MRX 650, Can-Am Spyder RT-Limited, Brammo Empulse Base, Aprilia RSV4 FACTORY APRC|
|• Supermoto - KTM 990 Supermoto T|
Motorbikes and custom clearance
Customs clearance service for motorcycles shipped in a container from the UK to US has been provided by our company for many years. During this time we have gained a vast experience in motorbike customs clearance.
The hallmarks of our company in the field of motorcycle customs clearance are:
- rate of customs clearance;
- minimum customs fees;
- open and clear process by all the requirements of the Customs Code;
If you are the proud owner of a motorcycle and you do not know how to export it to the United States, our company is ready to provide you with the procedure of proper customs clearance. You can contact our manager by phone or send an email to our mailbox describing your motorcycle, make and all documents.
- How to sell a motorbike? - sometimes it is cheaper to sell a bike in the UK and get a new one in the UK. Visit the link for to learn how to go about selling your bike.
- Different types of motorcycles - a quick overview of most common bikes on the USA market. Check and choose the bike of your dreams.
- Motorcycle cleaning services - When shipping a motorcycle your machine must be properly cleaned prior to the move. Get the cleaning service that will prevent your shipment from additions charges.
Motorbike shipping costs
You probably wonder how much is shipping a motorcycle. What are the costs involved. Well the costs of sending a motorbike to USA from UK can be broken down to insurance, collection, creating, paperwork, shipping and delivery. For average shipping costs please have a look below.
Most international movers have set rates to collect your machine. Their couriers usually charge something between £0.90 - £1.20 per mile. Some of them offer free collection if you are based within 20 miles radius of their depot. On the other hand some collections may be a subject to a minimum pick-up rate.
Cost of Crating
The cost to build a wooden crate for your bike is dependent on the the size and the number of motorbikes you want to send to USA. Average crating costs range from £160 to £300 and more.
Cost of Shipping a motorcycle by sea
Chicago, Houston, Cuba, Havana, Mexico, Guadalajara, Canada, Montreal, United States, Philadelphia: From £399 - £899
Mexico City, New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto, Chicago: From £499 - £999
South America, Brazil, São Paulo, Argentina, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Colombia, Bogotá, Peru, Lima, Chile, Santiago, Belo Horizonte, Venezuela, Caracas, Porto Alegre, Medellín: From £540
Australia, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Cairns, Darwin, Gold Coast: From £625
New Zealand, Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, Invercargill: From £625
South Africa, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban: From £500
Please note the prices above are approximate do give you a rough idea of how much it is to ship a motorbike. Rates for sending 2 or more motorcycles can be significantly reduced.
Wooden Crates for Transporting Motorbikes and Scooters
Motorcycles or scooters are unique types of vehicles. Motorcycles generally have two wheels. However, each type of motorcycle is unique in its weight and shape. The same thing can be said of scooter. Their availability in a number of designs, sizes, weight and shapes constitute some challenges to movers. But nowadays, there are crates specifically made for shipping a motorcycle. If you are moving house or office and you have a Harley, a motocross or scooter that you want to transport, it is important that you put it in the right moving crate made of wood and designed for the shipment of such types of carriers.
As experienced motorcycle shipping agent, we provide a number of wooden crates specifically meant for the crating of motorbikes. Each wooden crate for transporting a motorbike or a scooter is meant to serve a specific purpose. So, no matter the type of the bike or scooter you have, we will offer you a wooden crate that will fit it perfectly well. Our crates for the transport of scooter and motorbikes have some desirable features or qualities that mark them out from other wooden crates you will find. Some of the features are economic, re-usability, durability, immune to elements of weather and others.
Availability in a number of types
As it has been mentioned, our wooden crates for shipping a motorbike are available in a number of types. There are single-use types. As implicit from the name, these types of wooden crates for sending a motorbike to USA are designed to be used only for once.
They are made from cost-effective wood. So, it is more affordable when compared with the reusable types. However, it does not have the same durability with reusable type. They are custom-made with light wooden materials. If you are on budget, and looking for cheap motorcycle shipping companies you should consider using this type of wooden crates for moving.
Standard reusable type
As implicit from the name, this type of wooden crate is meant to be used multiple times. After using them, you can also use them severally for a long time or use them for storage. It may be more costly than the single use type.
However, it has a better durability than that type. If your motorbike or moped is a standard size type, you should consider using this type of wooden crates for crating it. If the machine is very large, you should consider putting it the extra-large crate. it provides you with an extra piece of mind.
You can also sell the crate and get some money back once you have moved. Also if you can not afford a brand new one you can buy a used crate from an internet auction.
Availability in a number of sizes
We know that cruisers, Harley, roadsters or Enduro bikes are not of the same size and shapes. It will amount to a waste of space putting small sized motorbike or a scooter in a large wooden box. So, we offer different sizes of wooden boxes for transporting motorcycles and scooters of various sizes.
Advantages of wooden crate
If you want to put your machine in a wooden crate and transport it overseas, one thing that you will enjoy is the ease of use it offers. Some moving crates are designed to be dismantled and reassembled again. This feature gives it an edge over any type of crates for shipping motorbikes to USA and scooters in preparation for transport.
As it has been said above, these specially built crates are designed to accommodate various sizes of motorcycles. However, in the modern time, wooden crates meant for sending motorcycles overseas are adjustable. This means that the crates can be built in such a manner that it can be used to accommodate any size. If the motorbike is big for example, you can adjust the wooden crate to accommodate your motorbike or scooter. Similarly, if the scooter or motorbike you want to transport is small, you can adjust it to accommodate it.
Wood is one of the eco friendly materials you can think of. It does not contain any chemicals.
Instead, they are heated according to the required standard to make it suitable for shipping a motorcycle, scooter, touring or standard bike.
We offer durable wooden crates for transporting motorbikes and scooter.
They are made from strong hardwood such as cherry, walnut and oak. These woods are known for their high durability. Besides, they offer better ease of use than any other crates.
Whether you are shipping excess baggage or anything else in larger quantities and you may need a wooden crate for shipping a motorcycle and scooter, you should call on us. We have any type or strength of wooden crates for the movement of motorbikes and scooters.
- You may also need a cheap motorbike insurance? - do not take any risk and get a proper coverage for shipping your bike overseas.
- Every motorbike lover needs to look after his health and safety. Please check the following link for the tips on buying, the types and the sizes of a helmet.
- If you are driving a bike you may want to find out more about different types of motorcycle breakdown covers.
- Sending a motorbike to USA with us is easy, fast and simple. We can do everything for you of guide you step by step with the preparation, document submission and final delivery.
- Every motorbike-lover should care about the motorcycle maintenance. It increases your and other drivers safe.